-Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
- “Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it.”
- “Mediocristan is where we must endure the tyranny of the collective, the routine, the obvious, and the predicted; Extremistan is where we are subjected to the tyranny of the singular, the accidental, the unseen, and unpredicted. As hard as you try, you will never lose a lot of weight in a single day…If you are subject to Extremistan-based speculation, however, you can gain or lose your entire fortune in a single minute.”
- “Our prayers are answered not when we are given what we ask but when we are challenged to be what we can be.”