-Martin Luther King Jr.
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.”
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
- “In refusing to run to catch trains, I have felt the true value of elegance and aesthetics in behavior, a sense of being in control of my time, my schedule, and my life. Missing a train is only painful if you run after it. Likewise, not matching the idea of success others expect from you is only painful if that’s what you are seeking. You stand above the rat race and the pecking order, not outside it, if you do so by choice.”
- “You cannot run away from a weakness; you must fight it out or perish. And if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?”
- “You think that if one gets hurt in life, it’s through one’s own sins—and that’s true, in the long run. But there are people who’ll try to hurt you through the good they see in you—knowing that it’s the good, needing it and punishing you for it. Don’t let it break you when you discover that.”